International Leather Directory – Conditions of Use
By accessing or using any part of the International Leather Directory you agree to be bound by the following conditions of use. If you do not wish to be bound by these conditions, you may not access or otherwise use the International Leather Directory website.
We may change these conditions at any time, without any notice to you. Please check these conditions periodically for any changes that have been made. By your continued access or otherwise use of the International Leather Directory, you agree to be bound by the most current version of the conditions of use.
The International Leather Directory owns legally and beneficially all the intellectual property rights in the content of all the International Leather Directory web pages, including the design, text, data, graphics and arrangement thereof. Such intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyrights and database rights in the information displayed as International Leather Directory search results, which are extracted from a database owned by the International Leather Directory.
Other than the permitted use outlined below, you may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse-engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to create derivative works from, transmit, communicate or in any other way exploit any part of the Website and/or the Website’s material.
You are allowed to access the International Leather Directory database, to make a copy of the results of any searches made in that database and to use those results, provided that none of such access, copying and use falls into, is preparatory to, or enables any of the categories of prohibited conduct referred to below. The International Leather Directory takes active measures to ensure that no unauthorised use or breach of its intellectual property rights is committed.
For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, you are expressly prohibited from:
- Modifying the data or other material from the International Leather Directory (“the Data”) or merging the Data with any other data;
- Selling or trading in materials copied from the Data;
- Using or redistributing the Data for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories, nor may the Website be stored in its entirety or in any part in databases for access by you or any third party or to distribute any database websites containing all or part of the Website.
- Providing commercial information, redistributing or reproduction of the same by the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system;
- Issuing questionnaires, reply cards or similar for the purpose of data capture or verification;
- Permitting or allowing the Data to infringe or otherwise prejudice our proprietary rights;
- Using the Data;
· For any unlawful purpose or purpose that is likely to bring any part of the International Leather Directory into disrepute or to cause any part of the International Leather Directory embarrassment.
· To send any message or communication which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing.
· In any way that would be reasonably expected to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
· As source targeting material or contact data for any kind of telemarketing, direct marketing, viral or other electronic marketing activity on your own behalf or on behalf or for the benefit of another party.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the International Leather Directory from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against the International Leather Directory by a third party to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceedings is based on or arises in connection with your use of the Website and any breach by you of this agreement. This section survives termination of this agreement for any such reason.
The Website may include links to third party websites. Such hyperlinks are included to ease the user’s path through the Internet. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the website referred to. Hyperlinks can become out-of-date and cease to work or they can direct users to a website page whose contents or use have been changed by its owner. The International Leather Directory has no control over, and can therefore accept no responsibility or liabilities for any losses or penalties that may be incurred or for the accuracy of hyperlinks to third party web sites, or the content of such third party websites.
You may only provide hyperlinks to the Website and pages of the International Leather Directory within the areas designated by the International Leather Directory. Such hyperlinks may only direct users to the home page of the relevant company website.
Disclaimer of representations and warranties
The material and information published on this Website are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. The International Leather Directory does not guarantee the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any information, advice, content, service, search results, products or merchandise provided through the International Leather Directory.
The International Leather Directory makes and you receive, no representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to:
· The International Leather Directory, its content, merchandise, services, documents, information, items or materials provided by the International Leather Directory in connection with the use of the International Leather Directory; or
· any goods or services or information received through or advertised on the International Leather Directory or received through links provided on the International Leather Directory;
including without limitation no representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of proprietary rights or otherwise.
Errors can occur and the International Leather Directory offer no assurance that they will be corrected. No liability will be accepted in respect of service interruptions, nor in the event of any Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses and other harmful components being present in or transmitted by the International Leather Directory systems and networks.
The International Leather Directory do not accept any liability for any loss of data or software, revenue, business, profits cost or expense, or any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of, or the lack of availability of the Website or their content.
Provision of advice
The International Leather Directory is not an agent for and does not vouch for those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in the International Leather Directory, nor for the availability, suitability or prices of such goods and services nor for the legal entitlement, competences, professional qualifications, trade certifications, or memberships of trade associations of such persons, companies or other organisations.
The International Leather Directory advises users to satisfy themselves as to the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered or qualifications held by those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in the International Leather Directory.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will the International Leather Directory, or any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, sponsors, licensers, or any other party involved in the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of the International Leather Directory be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from either:
· the use and reliance on the International Leather Directory; or
· the inability to use the International Leather Directory; or
· mistakes, omissions, interruptions, suspension, termination, deletion of files or e-mail, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, transmission or service response time, or any failure of performance with respect to the International Leather Directory, including without limitation those arising from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to the International Leather Directory records, programs or services; or
· products or services received through or advertised on the International Leather Directory and products or services received through or advertised on any links provided on the International Leather Directory; or
· information or advice received through or advertised on the International Leather Directory and information or advice received through or advertised on any links provided on the International Leather Directory; or
· any information, data, text, messages and other materials that you email, post upload, reproduce, transmit or is otherwise distributed using the International Leather Directory.
The International Leather Directory is unable to ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any information or data which you transmit to or by using the International Leather Directory is done at your own risk and the International Leather Directory shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or injury that may result from transmitting such information.
If any jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These conditions and any and all documents specifically referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between you and the International Leather Directory with respect to the subject matter hereof. All prior agreements understandings and negotiations and representations whether oral or in writing are cancelled in their entirety. The terms of any other electronic communications will not form part of this agreement. If any provision contained in these conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
Jurisdiction and governing law
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. The International Leather Directory is controlled from within the country of England. It can, however, be accessed from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from those of England, by accessing the International Leather Directory you agree that the laws of England, without regard to rules relating to conflict of laws, will apply to all matters relating to your use of the International Leather Directory. You and the International Leather Directory also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, with respect to such matters. Users of the International Leather Directory accessing it from places outside of England acknowledge that they do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with local laws.
Use and distribution of your information
The International Leather Directory or its sponsors or business partners may, from time to time, contact you regarding their products and services.